December Spotlight: Self Compassion
1) Self kindness:
Affirmations for self-compassion:
- I am enough.
- I am learning every day.
- I am worthy of respect.
- I deserve to take up space.
- I am kind and patient with myself.
- I deserve love and happiness.
- I am constantly growing and forgive myself for my mistakes.
- I can let go of the things I cannot change.
2) Deepen and develop your self-awareness
3) (Re)Gain perspective
- Become attuned to the painful feelings which often spark self-judgment and unconstructive self-talk;
- Identify, label, and accept our emotions;
- Recognize them as transient and fleeting, and realize that they will pass;
- Investigate them and understand their causes (within reason); and
- Release ourselves from the need to control them.
If you would like to learn more about self-compassion and compassion in the workplace, Care For All In Education will be offering a free course on “Awakening Compassion in the Workplace” December 7, 2022. Please register online at www.careforallineducation.com/events