Counselling, Therapy and Peer Support

Web Resources


In Manitoba, an assessment by a psychiatrist is only available after a referral is made from another doctor. You should speak to your family doctor about your mental health concern, and they may refer you to psychiatry or discuss other resources and treatments. If you do not have a family doctor the following internet resource may be useful . If you are having a mental health crisis you should attend your closest emergency room or other emergency medical resource. In Winnipeg the Crisis Response Centre is located at 817 Bannatyne Avenue and is open 24 hours.

Anxiety Disorders Association Of Manitoba

· 204-925-0600
· 100 – 4 Fort Street: Peer support | Anxiety Disorders Association of Manitoba (

CMHA Peer Support

· 204-982-6100

Mood Disorders Association Of Manitoba

Provides peer support, education and advocacy for those with a mood disorder, co-occuring disorders or other mental health illnesses.
· 4 Fort St., Winnipeg
· 204-786-0987 or 1-800-263-1460

Seneca Warm Line

Offers peer support, help with problem-solving and information about community resources to those who are struggling with mental health and life issues. Available 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm daily
· 204-942-9276